What do I need to submit with an application for a short-stay visa (C Type)?
1. APPLICATION FORM: The application must be duly and legibly completed, signed, and dated by the applicant. For applicants under 15 years of age, the application form should be signed by the applicant’s parent/legal guardian; for an applicants 15-18 years of age, the written consent of the applicant’s parent/legal guardian should be presented. In all such cases, a copy of the parent/legal guardian’s travel document must be provided. The visa application form in Albanian is available here. The visa application form can be submitted in the following languages: Slovene, English, Albanian.
2. ORIGINAL TRAVEL DOCUMENT + A COPY OF ALL RELEVANT PAGES (ID page, previous visas issued by Schengen countries, etc.): The travel document must be valid for at least 3 months after the intended departure from the Schengen Area. Furthermore, the travel document must have been issued within the previous 10 years and contain at least 2 blank pages. For the table of recognized travel documents, please consult the website of the European Commission. This is a general requirement for everyone (including if your country falls within the visa-free regime travel category).
The travel document must be recognised by the Republic of Slovenia (the information will be verified by the relevant Slovenian embassy/consulate abroad). You are obliged to present a travel document allowing you to return to the country:
• of which you are a citizen;
• that issued the travel document (this applies, e.g., to stateless persons);
• in which you are a holder of a residence permit.
Please note: In case your passport was recently issued you will be asked also to bring an old passport.
3. RECENT PASSPORT-SIZE PHOTOGRAPH: The photograph should be compliant with ICAO standards; a light background and neutral expression is required, head covers are not acceptable; no staples. The photograph must be 35 x 45 mm and correspond to the person’s current appearance. The photograph must be taken with a frontal view of the face and the size of the head from crown to chin must be at least 13 mm. The person photographed must be wearing plain clothes, without dark glasses (except for blind people) and without a head cover, unless the use of a head cover is justified for religious or medical reasons; in such case, the head cover must not obscure the face in a manner preventing identification. The photograph required for the issuance of a visa must have a smooth surface and may be black and white or colour. The person portrayed must have a neutral expression, his or her mouth must be closed, and the eyes must be open.
4. TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE POLICY: Applicants for a short-stay visa (C Type) must have travel medical insurance to cover any expenses that might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death during their stay(s) in the territory of the Schengen countries. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen countries and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage is EUR 30,000.
Applicants for a uniform visa for multiple entries must have valid travel medical insurance covering the period of their first intended visit. In addition, such applicants must sign the statement in the application form declaring that they are aware of the need to have travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.
Holders of diplomatic passports and family members of EU citizens are exempt from the requirement to have travel medical insurance.
5. CIVIL STATUS CERTIFICATES (not older than 6 months): Original birth certificate, original joint household certificate, original marriage certificate and/or original death certificate (if applicable)
6. EVIDENCE OF SUFFICIENT MEANS OF SUBSISTENCE (in case of minors parental authority or legal guardian has to submit evidence on sufficient means of subsistense):
– bank account statements on the account turnover of the last 6 months;
– proof of regular income e.g. salary slips of the last 6 months, Western Union/MoneyGram slips of the last 6 months
7. PROOF OF TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: e.g. flight/bus/train ticket reservation, including return (you may be required to present the original ticket when collecting the visa), registration of vehicle, copy of a driving license