What do I need to submit with an application for a short-stay visa (C Type)?
► APPLICATION FORM: The application must be duly and legibly completed, signed, and dated by the applicant. For applicants under 15 years of age, the application form should be signed by the applicant’s parent/legal guardian; for an applicants 15-18 years of age, the written consent of the applicant’s parent/legal guardian should be presented. In all such cases, a copy of the parent/legal guardian’s travel document must be provided. The visa application form in Albanian is available here. The visa application form can be submitted in the following languages: Slovene, English, Albanian.
► ORIGINAL TRAVEL DOCUMENT + A COPY OF ALL RELEVANT PAGES (ID page, previous visas issued by Schengen countries, etc.): The travel document must be valid for at least 3 months after the intended departure from the Schengen Area. Furthermore, the travel document must have been issued within the previous 10 years and contain at least 2 blank pages. For the table of recognized travel documents, please consult the website of the European Commission. This is a general requirement for everyone (including if your country falls within the visa-free regime travel category).
The travel document must be recognised by the Republic of Slovenia (the information will be verified by the relevant Slovenian embassy/consulate abroad). You are obliged to present a travel document allowing you to return to the country:
• of which you are a citizen;
• that issued the travel document (this applies, e.g., to stateless persons);
• in which you are a holder of a residence permit.
Please note: In case your passport was recently issued you will be asked also to bring an old passport.
► RECENT PASSPORT-SIZE PHOTOGRAPH: The photograph should be compliant with ICAO standards; a light background and neutral expression is required, head covers are not acceptable; no staples. The photograph must be 35 x 45 mm and correspond to the person’s current appearance. The photograph must be taken with a frontal view of the face and the size of the head from crown to chin must be at least 13 mm. The person photographed must be wearing plain clothes, without dark glasses (except for blind people) and without a head cover, unless the use of a head cover is justified for religious or medical reasons; in such case, the head cover must not obscure the face in a manner preventing identification. The photograph required for the issuance of a visa must have a smooth surface and may be black and white or colour. The person portrayed must have a neutral expression, his or her mouth must be closed, and the eyes must be open.
► TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE POLICY: Applicants for a short-stay visa (C Type) must have travel medical insurance to cover any expenses that might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death during their stay(s) in the territory of the Schengen countries. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen countries and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage is EUR 30,000.
Applicants for a uniform visa for multiple entries must have valid travel medical insurance covering the period of their first intended visit. In addition, such applicants must sign the statement in the application form declaring that they are aware of the need to have travel medical insurance for subsequent stays.
Holders of diplomatic passports and family members of EU citizens are exempt from the requirement to have travel medical insurance.
► CIVIL STATUS CERTIFICATES (not older than 6 months): Original birth certificate, original joint household certificate, original marriage certificate and/or original death certificate (if applicable)
► EVIDENCE OF SUFFICIENT MEANS OF SUBSISTENCE (in case of minors parental authority or legal guardian has to submit evidence on sufficient means of subsistense):
– bank account statements on the account turnover of the last 6 months;
– proof of regular income e.g. salary slips of the last 6 months, Western Union/MoneyGram slips of the last 6 months
► PROOF OF TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS: e.g. flight/bus/train ticket reservation, including return (you may be required to present the original ticket when collecting the visa), registration of vehicle, copy of a driving license
Documents required in accordance with the applicant's personal situation
a) If the applicant is employed:
- employment contract;
- certification of payment of taxes by the employer in last 6 months;
- tax office verification (Vërtetim nga Zyra e Taksë-Tatimeve);
- vacation confirmation from the employer (if applicable)
b) If the applicant is a business owner:
- certificate of business registration;
- tax statement of the Albanian company (personal and business Vërtetim nga Zyra e Taksë-Tatimeve);
- certification of payment of taxes in last 6 months
- company’s bank statement covering the last 6 months.
c) If the applicant is a farmer: proof of property ownership
d) If the applicant is retired: pension statement over the last 6 months
e) If the applicant is an artist: proof of qualification (e.g. proof of membership in a professional association,manager contract etc.).
f) If the applicant is a student/pupil:
- proof of solvability of parents, or proof of sufficient funds for the entire stay, or provision of guarantee form (i.e. work contract, bank statement for the last 6 months, Vërtetim nga Zyra e Taksë-Tatimeve);
- student card (if applicable) and matriculation from educational institution
- student index signed and stamped by the educational institution (if applicable).
g) If the applicant is a minor/under the age 18 (Please note that both parents need to be present for lodging the visa application for minor. Excemptions from this are addressed indivudally case by case):
- travelling alone: consent of the parental authority (both parents) or legal guardian (notarized);
- travelling with one parent or legal guardian only: consent of other parental authority (notarized)
- if the single parent with whom the minor is to travel, holds the paternal authority alone: document that proves he/she is the only parental authority e.g. birth certificate of the minor (indicating only one parent), death certificate, divorce or custody agreement.
Documents required in accordance with the purpose of travel
- proof of accommodation (e.g. hotel booking confirmation);
- detailed travel plan.
b) Visiting family/friends:
- written request from the invitee (Letter of Guarantee - authorized) with specification of who covers the costs that arise from the visit;
- proof of sponsorship by invitee if he is covering the costs of applicant's staying (bank account statements and salary slips for 6 past months);
- prove of accommodation (by invitee or applicant).
- written request from the inviting company/organisation, with official stamp and signature of the company (Letter of Guarantee - authorized) with specification of who covers the costs that arise from the visit;
- prove of accommodation (by invitee or applicant).
d) Medical treatment:
- Prove of accommodation i.e. hotel reservation or if accommodation is provided by a private person: an invitation letter (Letter of Guarantee - authorized) of the private person and copy of passport of the host and with specification of who covers the costs that arise from the visit;
- official confirmation of the treatment/appointment by the receiving medical institution;
- certificate from an Albanian medical institution confirming that the medical treatment is necessary;
- proof of sufficient financial means for medical treatment and related expenses;
- proof of prepayment of the treatment.
e) Artistic, cultural, sport and educational activities
- Invitation letter (Letter of Guarantee - authorized) from the inviting company/organisation, with official stamp and signature of the company/organisation with specification of who covers the costs that arise from the visit;
- copy of the passport of the responsible person in the hosting country;
- proof of accommodation: i.e. hotel booking confirmation or if accommodation is provided by a private person: invitation letter of the private person (Letter of Guarantee - authorized) and copy of the passport of the host;
- documentation issued by the organiser concerning the event indicating the date, place and number of performances (if applicable);
- certificate of the organisation registration in the hosting country (if not public/national organisation).
Addition to that - for participation in sport activities:
- photo copies of all pages in the sports federation matriculation card;
- official letter from the sending sports club/federation;
- proof of paid registration fee to event/tournament (if applicable).
- certificate issued by a professional organisation;
- document from the employer stating the purpose of the mission.
g) Bus driver:
- detailed certification of the itinerary (timetable, stops and duration, license);
- proof of business relation (by means of registry certificate, cooperation agreement, statements);
- list of drivers along with certified copies of the vehicle registration and the annual technical inspection certificate;
- list of all employees along with copies of the passport photo page; driver license (a certified copy of a driving license);
- certification of payment of taxes by the employer in last 6 months for applicant;
- tax office verification (Vërtetim nga Zyra e Taksë-Tatimeve)
- tax statement of the Albanian company (Vërtetim nga Zyra e Taksë-Tatimeve).
- visa or entry permit and confirmed tickets regarding the onward journey to the final country of destination.
i) Official visit
- nominative official invitation sent by an international institution or a Member State institution, which includes information on who covers the costs that arise from the visit;
- letter from the Albanian institution confirming that the applicant is a member of the official delegation.
Important information for visa applicants
- Supporting documents must be translated into English or Slovenian.
- Bank statements of more than one account may be presented. Provided bank statements should not been older than 7 calendar days upon the date of submission and should bear the applicant’s name.
- During the examination of an application, the Slovenian Embassy may, in justified cases, call the applicant for an interview and request additional documents. (Article 21(8) of the Visa Code).
- According to the Article 23 of the Visa Code the processing time of the visa application may take up to 15 calendar days after all the required documents have been submitted. Normal processing time of the visa application in 10 calendar days.
- Each applicant must present a separate application form and a separate set of documents even if multiple applicants are travelling on one travel document (children travelling on their parent’s travel document, etc.).
- Fingerprints are collected from all applicants, except for the following: children up to 12 years of age, applicants who have submitted fingerprints in the last five years for a short-stay visa (C Type), applicants for whom fingerprinting is physically impossible, heads of state and government and their delegations if invited for an official visit, and members of royal families if invited for an official visit.
- The visa fee is EUR 60 (non-refundable). Some categories are exempt from the fee or entitled to a lower fee – see the section “Visa fees”.
Commission Decision C(2013) 1725 final of 26 March 2013 establishing the lists of supporting
documents to be presented by visa applicants in Albania is available at: